Exhibits and trade shows can be a great way to promote to a broader audience. However, when the pandemic hit, it halted trade shows and conventions worldwide. While reports say that sales were generally unaffected by the absence of trade shows, companies that choose to forego such exhibitions and stop giving away wholesale corporate gifts will fall behind once competitors start rolling out trade events in the new normal.
This is why it’s important that organisations start making preparations to include trade conventions and promotional gifts in the post-COVID-19 times.
1. Be flexible. Many experts believe that many organisations will gradually shift to hybrid events, which means that there will be a mix of in-person and virtual trade shows. Hence, you need to be flexible and make plans for both face-to-face and virtual events to maximise sales. Also, be sure to plan how you are going to distribute promotional gifts based on the venue of your events.
2. Collaborate with experts. Be it for in-person or virtual trade conventions; it would be wise to seek professional help from event organisers, field marketing staff, and digital marketing experts who can offer their expertise and visions in terms of automation, delivery, and promotions. You’ll need help from IT experts to ensure your virtual events are online for the duration of the live show. Your marketing team will help you promote your event on social media and through other channels to get the word out.
3. Be creative. To make your events more engaging and inviting, mix it up with fun activities such as games where attendees can win useful promotional items. This can include items like laptop sleeves, power banks, wireless mice, mugs, water bottles, passport holders, travel bags, and more. Aside from that, demos would be a great way to entertain attendees and even convince them to buy your products because you are educating them about how a certain product or service works.
4. Ensure everyone’s safety. For face-to-face events, safety should be given importance. You can give away reusable face masks, and portable hand sanitiser sprays printed with your logo and brand name. This gives your prospects some level of protection while they are inside your venue and, at the same time, encourages them to take care of their own health.
5. Turn MQLs to MQMs. Marketing qualified leads (MQLs) are still essential, but marketing qualified meetings (MQMs) drive customer engagement strategies with the best prospects to help buyers advance to the sales funnel. This is because you are able to educate people and help them make informed decisions. Virtual events can become meaningful meetings wherein subject matter experts can provide prospects with more details about any information they may be searching for.
Trade show participation is undeniably crucial for businesses as it can drive sales. It can help enterprises continue business with existing customers, bring in new buyers, and attract buyers to a unique offering.
For the best quality promotional items, contact Nanyang Gifts today! We are home to corporate gifts that make lasting impressions.